Due to a sustained and successful growth period within the company, we are seeking to expand our overhead crane division.
We have a vacancy available for an industrial electrician to operate between both our crane engineering and installation teams
Job Title: Overhead Crane Service Engineer
Reporting to: Electrical Projects Manager
Business / Division: Electrical / Cranes
Location: On sites North West Area (Occasional nationwide)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable, depending on relevant experience
Normal working hours: 40 Hours per week – 8.00am – 4.30pm (alternative or additional hours maybe required dependent on the nature of the contracted job).
Duties: The role will suit an experienced overhead crane service technician or electrician seeking to expand their knowledge outside of fixed wired systems and onto electrical overhead travelling cranes and lifting equipment, in a broad and varied capacity.
The work is very varied, and no two days are the same. We would seek skillset in the following areas:
· Have good working knowledge of three phase induction motor electrical systems, including for older (DOL, star delta) and newer systems including PLC driven.
· Be qualified and hold current 17th Edition (BS7671) qualification.
· Have experience in testing of electrical installations and a qualification to C&G 2391 or equivalent an advantage
· Must have good working knowledge of variable speed drives both for installation / setup and fault finding
· Must have experience of working at height & with MEWPs (IPAF License an advantage)
· Must hold current clean driving license
· Must be prepared to travel the UK as some out of town work is required
· Package inclusive of van, corporate clothing and mobile phone
· Must be able to manage deadlines and work as an individual as well as part of an installation team
· Role involves Workshop based installation and crane building as well as site servicing, repairs, and installation across varied industrial and commercial disciplines
· HNC in electrical engineering an advantage
· Siemens TIA portal experience an advantage
· PLC experience an advantage, specifically Siemens, Schneider, Mitsubishi, and Omron
· Attractive package for suitable individual
We are a very busy company renowned throughout the UK within the sector and enjoy continued contracts with some well-known blue-chip clients on a regular basis. The role is challenging and rewarding and a great opportunity for the right candidate.
The role is also particularly open to tower crane and mobile crane engineers who may have transferable skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org